Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Underwear Should be Concealed.

I am so tired of a particular student sagging his pants. It is offensive to me to have to see someone's underwear. It's not like I'm some perv looking at their bums, but if the pants are in the wrong position and there is color between the black shirt and khaki pants, then one can't help but notice. I thought my head was going to explode when I confronted him about the issue for the second time. Last week, I told him if I saw him sagging I would write him up. I guess he thought that applied only to that day...wrong! We went back and forth for a few minutes and it got to the point where I had to ask another staff member to take him to another room for about fifteen minutes so I could have a "time out" without leaving my other students. I wish students would understand that if they are clearly doing something it is pointless to deny it, and that if I correct them on something on one day, the expectation transfers to every day after that. Argh.

2 comments:

  1. Very frustrating. Perhaps articulating that this is an expectation today and every day will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you, friend.

    [but don't miss the subject matter of this post at all]

    hang in there - and know that you're good at what you do.

    ReplyDelete