Friday, August 27, 2010


I am ready for the trees to look like that. There's something so refreshing about fall. I guess it's finally being able to feel a little cool air after the summer. I'm going to sit out on the deck and knit for a while. I'm still working on the green baby blanket I posted about a couple weeks ago. The pattern actually works up fairly quickly, so I know I can get done with it by January. If I don't get distracted by other projects along the way, of course.

I should be cleaning my closet and packing, but something tells me I'm not going to. Next weekend is a long one because of Labor Day, so I figure I can get a lot of house chores done then. I've already packed three boxes of books, and I can do a couple more this weekend just to feel like I've made progress. I'm looking forward to moving in with Nathan in October, but I'm also nervous about it. Some people may frown on what I'm about to say, but that's to be expected I guess. I think I want to live with him for a longer period of time than I did with my ex-husband before getting married (assuming that's what we're moving toward). The ex and I only lived together for three months before getting married, though I had known him for about five years and we'd dated for about two of those years. Something is different when you live with someone.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely go with your instinct, three months is not long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also ready for fall - a nice, long, cool, crisp fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Joy, see you at the shop?

    ReplyDelete