Monday, June 21, 2010

organizing

Last week I organized my yarn stash. Today I'm going to help my friend organize two rooms at her house. I am beginning to worry that this is too big of a leap in the organization department. A simple stash vs. not only one room, but two? I'm concerned because I want to do a great job working with her, and I have never been to her house. I should have thought of a pre-work visit before the morning of. At least I'll know this next time, if another opportunity like this comes up.

I might also start some socks today. I was flipping through two of my sock books last night, looking for inspiration and simplicity. I love the basic 64 stitch sock pattern, but I want to branch out. I've had these books since winter and haven't made a single item from either. I did use a cuff pattern from one, but I'm going to rip that sock and start over. I'm thinking about using two circulars instead of my beloved double pointed ones because the illustrations in Socks A La Carte made it look easy. I'll post pictures of progress as I work. The socks will be done in Koigu and are for my friend Emma, who gave me the yarn to do up a pair for her. When did I get it? Around the same time I got those books I mentioned. In my defense, I did do her first pair. I'm such a slacker. Luckily, she is very sweet and laid back. I will get these done before the first hint of a chilly day so she can enjoy them through the fall and winter.

Here is part of the cuff for Emma's socks. In about half an inch, I'll be able to start the pattern.

1 comment: