Monday, June 28, 2010

Sweet!


Today I spent most of the morning with Nathan, and then I met up with some friends for a late lunch. After lunch I went to the yarn store for a bit. I'm glad I got there later in the day and didn't plan to stay long because the air was out. Diane propped the door open, and it felt better since the air outside was nice and fresh from a rain. I worked on my two at a time socks, Joy worked on her cardigan, and Tina pondered future projects. The air is supposed to be back up and running tomorrow, so I'll go back and hopefully make enough progress to post about.
When I got home, I read a little on the deck. I bought Janet Evanovich's Finger Lickin' Fifteen yesterday and have enjoyed it so far. I think her characters are funny, and it's a good, light read. Since being home I have also had an unconquerable sweet tooth. I ate a delicious peach, a snack size 100 Grand (singular because it was the last one), and homemade smores. I don't know what my deal is. Maybe I need to be sweeter? Or maybe it was the marshmallow fluff sandwich mentioned in the book that started me off on this path? Either way, I'm done for the evening.

5 comments:

  1. The book probably planted the idea, but chocolate does call out to us!

    Joy and that cardigan will go on forever! (sigh) Love your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That cardigan is a LOT of knitting. You'll get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came by via Joy, enjoy the smores :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy mentioned your blog and any friend of Joy's is a friend of mine.
    I really love chocolate, marshmallow not so much. The only draw back I have with the 100 calorie packs is, I start playing the number game in my head. OK 2 packs is just 200 calories and that's way less than a candy bar, and then the avalanche comes falling down and before you know it I've knocked of the whole box.
    Tug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by guys! The number game with low cal packs sounds like something I would do, too.

    ReplyDelete