Friday, July 2, 2010

for the birds

I'm trying to decide what to take to knit during our beach trip next week. I think I've decided on a lace scarf since it's lightweight and doesn't take up a lot of space. I can cram lace in a small makeup bag and throw it into my purse. I'm almost finished with the purses I'm crocheting for Nathan's nieces for this trip. Here's a picture of the last one in progress. It's going to have a drawstring at the top when it's done.

Not related to needle arts, but I wish I had been able to get a picture of a crazed bird earlier. That bird's nest beneath the deck now has hatchlings in it, and mama bird does NOT like it when Jeff (my dog) and I are on the porch. She was in a tree across from us and flew straight at me. She swerved at the last second, but I squealed like a little girl because I thought she had me. We went into the house shortly after that.

I'm wondering how easy it will be to sleep tonight. Not because I'm afraid of dreaming about birds attacking me, but because of the fireworks people are shooting. Does it make me anti-patriotic if I dislike fireworks? (I don't really see how it could, considering most of them are made in China.) I guess I like to look at them, but the noise gets old quickly. Especially when people start shooting them early.

No comments:

Post a Comment